Pages

Monday, January 16, 2006

Life, unjust and unfair

Early this morning as I was driving home from my hubby’s office, I couldn’t stop myself from thinking of my fates of life, what had happened to me through out my 27 years of living. I couldn’t stop judging how unfair, unjust and cruel the world had been to me. I must admit that I feel envy of those who get the pleasure of enjoying the things that I couldn’t afford to do. For instance, I’v just discovered that a friend of mine who flunked his SPM is now in France for a four-year course, sent by the government to study on the water thingy. Could you imagine someone who didn’t get good school exam results could afford not to just go abroad but also stay there for up to 4 years. What ever happened to those who got better results? Yeah, they got offer to further their studies at local university but does the offer help them to secure a better job? This friend of mine who’s now in France is earning 1500 euro per month allowance. What about the so-called excel students? The best salary offer that they’ll get once they graduated is RM3k. Isn’t life unfair and unjust? I must admit that it’s up to God’s will, but I just couldn’t stop myself from judging life as cruel.

Not to mention, the renowned singer, Siti Nurhaliza. She flunked her SPM paper, but just take a look at where she is now. She’s travelling all over the world with her very minimal English speaking skill. Could you imagine how bad her English is? She couldn’t even differentiate between dimple and nipple – that’s how bad she is at English yet she had performed in the infamous Royal Albert Hall, London. I wouldn’t brag and say that my SPM was good, but at least I got 6As and got selected to join the crème of the cream programme. Where did I end-up? I could clearly recall someone telling me that education is vital, how it could change one’s fate and they keep saying that your future lies in your education. I used to believe in those craps, but now that I’ve grown up, I’v better judgement of life. My dad used to stress on the importance of mastering the English language, but does mastering the language get me anywhere abroad? Nope, it hasn’t got me anywhere but job-hopping ever since I graduated due to the advantage that I have over other Malay candidates.

I couldn’t help but wonder how do we measure one’s achievement? Living in the world where monetary power conquers, we should all admit that we tend to measure one’s achievement through their material belongings. We are all becoming more and more materialistic since that’s what the world has thought us for survival, money. Like it or not, we’re all becoming slaves of money. We’d do anything for the sake of MONEY. There are even people in our society who would kill for money. Most of us didn’t even realise that they’ve been conquered by their greed to get more and more MONEY. What value does money have? Come to think of it, it’s just a piece of paper with some notes on it, yet we’re all chasing it like maniacs. GOD, when will this madness for MONEY be stopped?

1 comment:

Wardina said...

en hafezdali, tx for the long explanation on d malaysian economic review. really appreciate ur information sharing. it's really useful for me to update my knowledge and common info.