Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Acorns don't fall far from the oak tree..

Last Sunday, my hubby and I took our two boys to an optician centre to get their eyes checked after hearing comments from their respective teachers about them squinting their eyes whenever they were asked to read the board from afar. We made appointments for both of them with the optician. They took turn to get their eyes checked and I accompanied them both during the whole process. After doing a thorough check on their eye vision, the optician confirmed and recommended that they are both short-sighted just like me and my dear hubby. I was quite astonished to learn that my two boys would be needing spectacles at a very young age. They are only five and seven years old. I remember having perfect eye-sight up till I was 17. I only needed a pair of glasses only a year after registering myself to a reputable grammar school. It was shocking when I was informed that my eldest son would need to wear spectacles with similar prescription as mine.

In contrast to my surprise upon learning of my children’s short-sightedness, my two boys were thrilled and excited about needing to wear a pair of glasses. My eldest straight away went to the samples of frames displayed for children as soon as he stepped out of the examination room. About half an hour later, right after my youngest boy had his eyes checked, his elder brother, Azhan led Nine to the display wall and showed Nine the frame that Azhan had chosen thus sweet-talked Nine to choose one similar to his which is labelled with cartoon characters that they adore; Batman and Superman. Honestly, my hubby and I didn’t approve the type of frames they chose mainly because they are steel-based which we thought could easily get damaged by our active kids. Looking at their faces that glow with joy and excitement, my hubby and I had no choice but to give in and let them have what they had picked.

My boys were even more thrilled and excited when they finally got their glasses last Wednesday. Look, how happy and cute they are with their new spectacles. I guess, “acorns don’t fall far from the oak tree” after all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aihh budak2 nih suke plak pakai spek mate..hehehe..kelako..lepeh nih ko kene kasik dorang makan carrot banyak2.. hehehe...

Wardina said...

aku tanye kt optician tu, dia ckp kalu mkn vit A byk2 pon x m'jamin peningkatan tahap penglihatan dorg.

Digitalite said...

eh aku baru perasan. anak ko sorang sangat resemble fadzlan and lagi sorang sebijik muka ko.

Fazira Albaijure said...

alahai.. syian, kecik² dh pakai spek... tp commell..

takpe, mkn je keret, walaupun dia kata x menjamin, tp at least ada usaha kan, hehe..

Mrs. Ishamizu said...

Salam dina..
xsangka eh cpt btol ur kids kene pki spek..but they both look so cute n educated!:)

Wardina said...

dua2 ikut papa nye, kecik2 lg dh kene pakai cermin mate. mcm pepatah melayu; kemane tumpahnye kuah kalau tidak ke nasi

Intan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Intan said...

wey wardina..ni aku intan..intan dari erp21 dan imu dulu ya..mana tau kau ingat intan lain..kehkeh..anyway anak kau no 2 tu muka sebijik mcm kau la..carbon copy betol..kehkeh..oo aku dtg ni sbb nak cakap aku ada blog sebenarnye..nnt aku add sekali link kau dalam blog aku. rajin2 dtgla ye ke http://malaysiansupermummy.blogspot.com..tataa

Fazira Albaijure said...

hai. lama xde update. apa kabar di sana :)