Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

The end of long, endless day dream

November 14th `05 is a historical day for me. It was the day I officially become a graduate student with the pledge-taking as one of the newly registered graduate students in a local public university. I’m overwhelmed with excitement when I come to think that I’m back in school again after three years of leaving student days. Whilst on the other hand, with the new status and responsibility around my belt I’m a little scared; scared of the possibilities of not being able to complete the course excellently. Imagine this, I’ve been working for the past three years and I’m quite comfortable with where I am and what I am doing and I’m about to embark into the business school environment. I must admit that this is what I’ve always wanted and dreamt of; pursue my studies to a higher degree and get professional training in the field that I enjoy most. The thorough briefing and introduction on the institution and how reputable it currently is in the region had freaked the hell out of me. It made me wonder if I’m fully prepared and qualified to undergo this extensive programme which I heard as the toughest local business school. With minimal exposure to the management of the corporate world, I realized that I’m gonna have to work harder than the rest of the class and put 110% more effort than my coursemates since majority of them either came from business management background or are directly dealing with the corporate world.

My first class had awaken me up from my long, endless day dream of how easy a management course would be and made me realize that the two-year course ain’t any sit-back-and-relax type of programme. It requires a lot of hard work, effort and not to mention a lot of sacrifices from a number of parties ie; my children – they’re not gonna be seeing me a lot of me at home even if I were home I must be deeply indulged in my text books or busy working on the assignments; my hubby – his sacrifice will mainly be in monetary and most of the time, constructive idea generation and discussion among the two of us. Frankly, he’s the only person in the world that I feel very comfortable talking to and argue with. Well, these are just some of my prediction of how tremendously my life would change with my new status. I pray hard that all my predictions will be a reality, as I really need to work harder than I used to when I was doing my undergradute programme.

Life ain’t always a bed of roses. I believe everyone in the world has to work hard and put their effort in order to achieve and gain their goals and targets. If someone asked me what I wanted in life, I used to say that I wanna be rich and famous cause I always crave for fame and glamour. With my feet standing firmly on the ground, I realise that fame and luxury will never come with the breeze of the wind (unless you inherit them from someone may it be your predecessor or spouse). As what is clearly stated in the Holy Quran, “God doesn’t change one’s fate instead one has to change oneself”, I must no longer be in my relax mode and switch the gear to the hard working and study smart mode because I know for sure that I must no longer rely on anyone but myself. Frankly, I always found it hard to change myself and the way I perceive things and issues surrounding. But, like or not I’ve to get out of my sixteen-year old thinking and activate my current age thinking mode. If I fail to do the abovementioned within the short time constraint I don’t think that I’ll ever succeed in my studies and what more with my life.

2 comments:

Digitalite said...

waahhhh dah amik MBA dah ko? heh! tahniah... nanti bagitau aku susah ke idak...

ooo last nak tanya...loan ke atau fund sendri jer?

Wardina said...

hubby's funding ;-p
susah ke? agak payah la sbb i'm not directly engaged with the corporate world anymore, kalu maseh keje kt imu mudah skit la kot nak relate theory with the working environmt. like i've said, i've got to work xtra hard than d rest of d class. doakan aku b'jaye.