Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

Make over

I've planned to give my personal journal a face-lift for ages now. In fact, I've been begging my ever-loving spouse to design a new look for "Bed of Roses" since the past few months. Honestly, not having my wish granted was the main reason why I decided to boycott this blog from being updated. After months of persistent begging and appealing for a new face, I've finally gotten the make over that this page deserves to have. I know the colour scheme may look a little too feminine to some people but personally I think the colour really suits the blog name, Bed of Roses.
Some of you gentle readers might wonder why this piece of webpage is named the way it is now. Some may even wonder if it carries a certain meaning with it. To be frank, I never knew the exact definition of the term 'Bed of Roses' but the main reason why I chose this title was plainly because I am a big fan of the flower Rose. I simply love roses not just for its very attractive looks but also the sweet alluring smell that it carries with it. Coincidentally, according to my dad my given name in arabic means roses. I thought to myself, what better way to describe this little collection of writings than Bed of Roses which I happen to have likened from the moment I first heard of it.

Although the meaning of this connotation does not mirror the primary contents of this webpage which focuses on the ups, downs, twists, and turns in mylife as a wife, mother, daughter, or simply as a lady; the definition of 'Bed of Roses' is a clear reflection of my true colour. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm the kind of person who loves trouble free mind. I could never carry huge burden on my own, I'd always have to share the weight with my life partner. I guess that could have been why this blog was initially set up; a place for me to pour myself out as and when I please.

So, to my faithful gentle readers I hope that you agree with me on the new look of this page. But, if you don't, I'm always open for other suggestions as I'm thinking of giving yet another face lift to Bed of Roses during the winter season.

2 comments:

Fazira Albaijure said...

eh la, wawa pun wat facelift kat blog, hehe.. lama sungguh x menjenguk di sini, hehe. slmt menjalani ibadah puasa, semoga apa yg kita lakukan lebih mendekatkan diri kepadaNya insyaAllah~

bila lagi nk dtg beraya di sungai petani :)

Wardina said...

salam,

dh lame request abg wat make-over tp asyik b'tangguh jek. slmt b'puase gak diucapkn wat sarah sekuarge. thn ni raye kt england lg. huhuhu. tp xpe, apr 09 insyAllah kami blk b'cuti di msia. kalu singgah umah sarah thn dpn waktu bkn raye bole x?