Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Sayonara 2005

In less than a week we’ll bid farewell to year 2005 and enter a new year, 2006. In less than a week we’ll have to start things in a new diary where we’ll witness a new chapter in our life. The clock seems to tick faster than it used to be since most of us are unaware of how rapid time flies by. It seemed like I had eldest son, Azhan yesterday yet, next Tuesday, Jan 3 2006 his kindergarten class would begin.

For the past 11 and three-quarter months, a number of things had happened in our life, may it be brightmoments or all sorts of different emotions and feelings towards the events, all the memories actually add spice to our life. Just like a Malay saying, ‘hidup ini ibarat roda, kadang di atas, kadang di bawah’. Many of us failed to see that those ups, downs, twists and turns actually make us wiser and become better persons cause we would have learnt something from the obstacles. Life ain’t always bed of roses, I’d say yet there are those moments that we treasured most that might have occurred in our life and believe it or not there are a number of people out there who live their lives with those beautiful memories to help them struggle their way out of poverty.

Before I enroll into the master’s programme, I never miss this charity-based tv programme, Bersamamu. I used to complaint about how unfortunate I was but watching the programme made me realized that they are quite a number of Msian are still living in poverty and I should have been grateful that I am much fortunate than them cause I’m employed with good wages and I’d never experienced shortage of food.

Frankly, I’m not really sure what does the Bersamamu series has got to do with saying goodbye to year 2005 but one thing that I know for sure is; no matter how unfortunate you felt you were in 2005, bear in mind that there are others who are more unfortunate than you. Who knows when the best of you will be unveiled, time and tide wait for no man nor woman. It’s up to us to change ourselves and it’s up to us to change the way we perceive our mishaps cause believe it or not we’ll never know for sure the ‘hikmah’ beneath the mishaps. After all, obstacles and mishaps are a part of spices that add flavours to our life. So, enjoy life while you can! Happy New Year!

No comments: