Pages

Monday, October 10, 2005

Grow up! You aren’t 14 anymore!

Last Friday, a colleague informed me about the latest issue in her marital life. Frankly, I never intend to poke my nose into others’ marital issues cause I don’t like others to interfere the wonderful marital life that my hubby & I are leading. Anyway, back to my colleague, she was telling me about the problem that she was facing with her hubby. I’m well aware that she’s in her 8th week’s pregnancy, and she’s carrying her third child. Her second child was only 12 months a couple of months ago. I’m also aware of her economical condition; her hubby hasn’t got a permanent employment yet plus the fact that she’s earning more than her hubby.

She told me that she had a fight with her hubby over her hubby’s habit of playing online gaming till late at night. And her hubby could be considered a hardcore player. She said, her hubby was complaining about not having much time for himself. Time away from the children and his wife; time to enjoy himself. I must admit that sometimes, married couples need a space for individual pleasure but if a spouse need very frequent period of time away from the family, that’s very intolerable. I know the fact that the couple got married at a very young age might be the contributing factor, but hey, my hubby and I got married in young too. Age doesn’t really matter, what matters is how you carry the responsibilities of being a husband to your wife, father to your children and leader of the family.

I was so pissed off when I learnt that his hubby would rather spend his time playing online game at cyber café till the middle of the night almost every single day. Hey man, you aren’t 14 anymore, grow up! You’ve got two kids looking up to you as their idol, the idol to guide them thru the facts of life. Don’t bullshit your wife with excuses like, ‘I need sometimes for myself’, ‘I want spare time to hang out with my friends’. I’m so raged to learn this. I mean, if you couldn’t handle the huge responsibilities, why did you take the vow of marrying her in the first place? Shit like, ‘I am the youngest in my siblings, that’s why I’m so immature’ is unacceptable especially when they're expecting their third child. The first two child’s births should have transformed you into a man with responsibilities. You should take the honour of being a father by behaving, thinking, and acting like one (jangan pandai buat anak jek, tp anak serah kt bini bulat2).

Maybe it’s true that one needs a space for individual pleasure and time away from the children. As for me and my hubby the best escapade from our children is the time that we get to spend together without the children ie a movie for just the two of us. Correct me if I’m wrong, marital life isn’t about individuality anymore, it’s about giving-and-taking, tolerance and most of all opening up more space in your heart for your loved ones, plus the spouses must also be willing to forgive and forget any wrong doings between them. Most important of all, don’t be ashamed to admit your mistake, there’s no such thing as embarrassment when it comes to saying sorry for things done.

2 comments:

Digitalite said...

hhhmmm...typical problem actually but this guy had gone of the limit! i need my time alone too, which i took like once a month where i'll hang out with friends...just me and my friends... married life doesnt suggest that you dont have time just all by yourself and your friends...tapi berhingga lah...

but we cant really say can we?

Wardina said...

that's the main problem. my time alone and away from kids is the once-a-month shopping that i do alone. yup, everyone needs space & time once in a while to hang out with their buddies to catch up on things but when it comes to the extreme of demanding for it every single night, you're totally off the limit.