Pages

Monday, May 16, 2005

a quiter?

Yesterday afternoon I was shocked upon learning about my office mate's resignation. Me, she & a few other newbies have joined a publishing company located in Cyberjaya about 1.5 month ago. The surprising part is when she resigned without a word of 'goodbye'. At around 4.00 pm, she came into our office to pack up all her belongings and the saddest part was during her few minutes presence in the office, she didnt offer any last word before she left not even a smile. My friends & I felt a little offended with what she did, eventhough we havent got the chance to really get to know her, we shared some happy moments together while her 1.5 month stay with the company.
Curious about her action, my friend & I seek for more info on it from our HR. Our HR manager told us that she resigned due to some family matters that she's facing, the part that really irritated me was when the HR mgr mentioned that I knew all about her dilemma.
My other office mates and I were puzzled by her decision. During our 1.5 month together, we knew that she was unable to cope with all new technical skills taught. She mentioned a few times about finding another job that suits her. As for me & the rest, we wanted to give a shot and try to adopt into the working environment. I think no matter where you work there are always new things to learn and each one of us must have the guts and willingness to try out something new. I always believe that learning is an immortal process in life, it'll never end as there is always room for improvement in our life to be a better human being.

No comments: