Pages

Monday, June 13, 2005

Moved

For the 1st time since my employment in this publishing company, I've to shift to another cubicle area inline with the new team structure. Luckily I'm still in the Australian team, since last week I've been hoping that I'll remain in the team as I'm quite comfortably working on Aussie products. Talking about moving, I could clearly recall moments spent in my previous company in Bkt Jalil. I worked for the company for 1.5 year and since my very 1st day I joined the company until the day I resigned, the department had been shifting from one floor to another from one corner of the building to the other, and the moving activity constantly took place - I'd say every 2 months there'll be minor changes to the office layout and almost every 3-4 months major changes & shifting took place. The renovating company made a lot of profit from all these shifting activities as each shift required some renovation. My former boss spent most of the company's profit on renovation & purchasing new gadgets (which were not fully utilised). I guess his preference of changing office layout is due to his indecisive decision making - you see, my former boss was quite young to be a COO, if I'm not mistaken he in his late 20s when he was appointed as the COO for the department. One minute he wanted to do this, and another minute he'd be thinking of doing something else even though the 1st project was half-way completed and he never bothered of finishing the 1st project. It could be said that most of the projects under his supervision were half-way thru done. I quit from the company a few months before the department collapsed and all staffs in the department were retrenched.
I'm very fortunate to get a better post in Cyberjaya for a company with better prospect and proper management that take things seriously.

1 comment:

Digitalite said...

oo yeah! and he likes to blame it on others when things go through rough patches... eeyyyy...looks like we were once working in the same company..haha the hell in paradise... the best workplace and the most pain staking too.. :D anyway, that's where i get to know you and the others...