Pages

Monday, June 06, 2005

What a relief (sigh)

It's been ages since the last time I updated my blog. I was so busy with my work last week as I had a deadline to catch. The whole last weekdays I was hooked on to my PC, I even had my lunch in front of my PC and for the 1st time ever (while my employment here) I had to stay back until late evening. The worst part was, I had to work on weekends since the product had to clear on the following Monday (today). This morning my production manager came over to my workstation to check on the progress of the product. I informed her of the obstacles that I was facing while working on the product. She seemed a little dissappointed that the product couldn't be cleared today after all, she should understand though there were so many things to be done and I've given my best effort to make it happen. She mentioned about the product being the top priority product of the company. Knowing the status of the product, she shouldn't have assigned the product to a newbee like me. I guess since my employment here, this is the 1st dark side of my employer that I spotted. I think they should properly manage the scheduling and assigning of task to staff, especially taking into consideration the newbeeis' competency in meeting deadline for a large volume of update.

No comments: