Pages

Monday, September 05, 2005

5th wedding anniversary

Today is another episode of my boring day at work. Not much to do really, since I was having some problem to transfer my product upate to the publishing system in Sydney. The company that I'm working for is so multinational that it is owned by the Dutch, managed by Aussie & the production department is run by Asian. I don't really wanna highlight much about my employee in this update.

As I was typing this, the ring that's glittering on my middle finger keeps reminding me of the wonderful gifts that my hubby bought for me as our 5th anniversary wedding present. Yesterday, we went to one of the jewellers in Putrajaya. I've always longed to possess a diamond ring ever since my adulthood. But of course when we 1st got married, my hubby couldn't afford to buy one and the fact that we went to buy a wedding ring with his mother (my 'loving' mother-in-law) had stopped us from getting one of those white gold diamond ring. Yeah, typical elderly Malay woman will never approve purchase of jewellery with zero golden feature. I was a little frustrated back then, but what could I say? Long story short, my hubby & I had to agree to what she chose for us. In fact, I had to nod silently to all the choices she made for our wedding arrangements.

Anyway, back to our recent trip to the jewellery shop. I finally picked a white gold diamond ring after a couple hours of survey & a white gold plated bangle like bracelet. They were the best gifts that my hubby had ever presented to me after the Nokia phone. I felt bad that I didn't buy him anything, I've no idea what to give him since men's desire are so absolutely different from women. To my baby, thanks a million for the wonderful gifts. I really appreciate it. For five long years we've been together thru hard times & good times, I always pray for us to be together for the rest of our lives.

To my newly weeds friends, I'd like to wish you guys "selamat pengantin baru, selamat menempuh alam baru dgn penuh kesabaran, semoga berbahgia slalu hingga ke akhir hayat". I prefer not to use the phrase "semoga berkekalan ke anak cucu" because I've come across a few married couples who live happily together and got divorced once they started to have grandchildren. I'm saying this based on what had happened to a number of my aunts. Knowing that they divorced in their golden ages made me sour, to me the best thing in a wedding is having a life partner who'll spend the rest of his/her life with you in whatever situation. No matter how much one spends for their wedding reception, it won't value a single cent if one ended up parting from the person that you married. It's sad enough when children have grown up and started their life elsewhere with their own family but it's tragic when an elderly man/woman had to spend the rest of his/her life alone.

To my single friends, no rush in searching for your Mr/Ms Right or best said as soul mate. When the time comes, you'll find your soul mate & life partner with God's will. Just like a saying in Malay, "Jodoh pertemuan, ajal maut di tangan Allah. Manusia hanya merancang, Allah yang menentukan". Only Allah knows what is best for us.

No comments: