Pages

Friday, September 02, 2005

Shop till you drop

Yesterday I went to Mid-valley to shop for a few items that I've been longing to buy. I've been planning to do so since the beginning of the M'sia Mega Sale Carnival but my tight schedule had kept me away from the shopping centre for quite sometimes. I was kept hooked on to my clearing products one after another since they were coming in back to back non-stop up till yesterday. With a budget of RM300 in my hands, I bought myself a wallet, hand bag, two blouse and a pair of socks. I even bought a wallet for my dear hubby. It was a bit frustrating when I didn't have enough cash to buy a skirt that I like so much. I spent about 5 hours of wandering around Mid-valley from the south point to north point. Actually I've set the alarm on my phone to snooze at 4.00 pm. So, when my feet was aching due to almost non-stop of walking my phone alarm was beeping. I didn't realise that I've spent almost 5 hours there.

I got home around 5.00 pm. Before I fetch my kids from my baby-sitter's place, I tried on my new clothes and quickly emptied my old hand bag, put the things in it into the new one. I did the same to my old wallet. A quater to 6, I fetched my two boys. They saw the KFC I bought from Mid-val & helped themselves to it. That was when I realised that I was so exhausted from too much of walking. I slept at around 12 midnite.

About 3am, my hubby got home from his office. He's been busy working on the Dubai project for the past two weeks. I didn't complaint much since my budget to do some shopping for myself has finally been approved. I gave him the wallet that I bought for him, he did the same thing that I did earlier to my old wallet - emptied the old one & put them into the new one. Then, at 3.30am we were off to bed. Within a few minutes, he was already in deep slumber while I couldn't put myself to sleep. Why? I couldn't keep myself from thinking of the skirt that I saw at one the boutiques in mid-val. How I wished I had more cash to purchase it. You see, my hubby has a principle of not possessing a credit card. He said having one will definitely affect our financial budget. If one possesses one, one has the tendency of exceeeding the initial budget. I think I've complaint once or twice about us not having a credit card. As usual he'll give me a 15-minute lecture on the disadvantages of having one. I'm so looking forward to buying it if possible this coming weekend. I've even started to imagine myself in the skirt and the matching blouse that I bought =o)

I think if I had had more cash, I might spend all the cash that I had. Old habit dies hard - if my hubby is a workaholic & perfectionist, I'm the shoppaholic & imaginist (is there such word? maybe a 'dreamer' is a better description). This has been my nature since I was in my teen ages but my current status as a wife & mother of two boys doesn't permit me to connect intimately with this nature of mine. I'm really looking forward to another shopping trip, I just love to shop. I think most women love to shop. Maybe it's one of the women's nature & that is why there are more shopping selections for women, from clothings to shoes to hand bags to lingeries or to simplify it women have a wide selection to shop for from head to toe. Why? I think women buy things to complement their beauty & most of them don't hesitate to spend more to look even more beautiful. As for me, I shop to satisfy my lust for clothes & shoes =o)

2 comments:

Digitalite said...

Women are all the same... sseesshhh...

Anyway, let your hubby had his last lecture on the credit card thing cause he's damn right... know lots of people having to allocate some portion of monthly income for credit card...

i know them veeeery well...

Wardina said...

truth_seeker: Women are all the same... sseesshhh...
yup, so true. but do u ever wonder why women are so conscious about their looks? because of men - men always judge the book by its cover, they easily fall for women with pretty faces.