Pages

Friday, September 09, 2005

Mating season

Mating season is the nickname my hubby gave to the school holiday. Why? It's simply because of the many wedding invitations that we got each time the school holiday peeps into the calendar. School holiday may be over by now, but some of the soon-to-be-wed couples chose to organise their wedding days after the shool holiday just to avoid the peak period of weddings. Why mating season some of you may wonder? I don't think that I need to elaborate. I'm sure the word wedding is self-explanatory.

Tonite, my hubby will be taking me & our sons to his friend's majlis akad nikah in Ampang. We were invited there as we aren't gonna be able to attend her wedding reception on 10th Sept. My hubby will be joining his office's trip to Genting Highlands on that day. I'm not really close to this friend of his, but my hubby is quite close to her cause he helped her a lot with her design subject when they were studying architecture together. Seems like she owed my hubby a favour.

Back to the mating season subject, we were supposed to attend quite a number of weddings last August but as I've mentioned in my a very hectic month post due to my hubby's tight deadlines I couldn't attend most of the wedding invitations. Attending wedding receptions always remind me of my wedding. Looking back to the five years ago event, made me feel lucky that I got married young. To some, it seems tougher to settle down at a young age cause most of us weren't financially stabil at that time. We were still studying with no fixed income when we married. I can't deny that it was truly tough during our first two years of marriage. We had to struggle to keep our family together & win some bread & butter. Even though it was tough I never regretted being married young, in fact I'm glad that we did so. When our friends are in the midst of finding soulmates & planning to settle down, we are already busy with educating & bringing up our children. I'm glad and proud that we're a few notches up from our friends. So to all my friends who've just got settle down, it's time for you guys to catch-up ;-p

No comments: