Pages

Monday, August 01, 2005

Shape up 4 charity



Last Friday, 29th July at Cyberview Lodge resort the company that I'm working for launched the "Shape up 4 charity" programme. The programme aims to produce healthy workers by rewarding the team with highest dollar points with up to RM10k cash which is to be donated to a charity body. During the official launch we were all given a pocket file containing brochures on the programme, a CDROM on the 10,000 steps walking challenge, a measurement tape, a pedometer & a squeeze ball. Then, we were all divided into a few teams and given with some tasks to be completed within 2 hours. The tasks revolved around capturing photos of team members' posing as assigned. There were at least 8 photos potraying different task. The toughest assignment was to capture a photo with at least 3 team members balancing (on) sth. Me, & 3 other group members had to balance ourselves on the railing of a ram. You could clearly see me in theabove picture trying to balance myself. My position was the highest from the ground, so no one should mess around with me while I was perfoming this.

All tasks were completed within the time limit, so around 6.30 pm we were all gathered at the registration desk. We were ushered to the 'makan' place where we were supposed to answer trivia quiz before we were allowed to eat at around 7.15 pm. The food was great, almost all types of halal meat - you name it, there were chicken, beef, lamb, prawn, crab, & lobster. To the vegeterian, it was a wish come true when they learnt that the ever heavanly mozarella cheese was among the main dish for them. I helped myself to all the meat except for crab (susah la nk mkn ketam). Once, I was done with the meat, I went on to try the vegetarian dish just to balance out the types of food that I took that nite. Next, I picked a few of the desserts - the rich indulging & moist chocolate cake, caramel pudding & some fruits. After finishing the desserts I was really full, and I said to a team member who was in the organising committee, "this is not shaping up, this is building up". She chuckled and told me that when she looked at the menu, she had the same expression.

At around 8.15 pm, I had to drag my legs to head home since my tummy was so full. I didn't wait for the rest of the team since I know that most of them would be heading straight to the club there. When I got home, I'd totally forgotten about the 10k-step thing - all staffs are supposed to walk up to 10k steps per day. Last night, it rang my bell & today I'm wearing the pedometer in order to record the 10,000 steps that I'm about to make today. My resolution from today onward is to reach that 10,000 amount & probably to get in shape. [even though I'm quite slim enough ;o) losing a few more inches won't do any harm I guess]

No comments: